Last year I painted this Victrix French Colonel during breaks while I was in the process of moving. Because of that, the whole thing felt, and looked, rushed to me. Like it was only halway finished.It’s one of my favorite miniatures, and it bugged me that I didn;t take the time to do it the way I wanted…the golds were muddy, the white was too flat, I didn’t like the horse, etc.. So to get myself back into the “groove” of painting, I stripped it and started over. When it’s all said and done the differences are subtle, but I like it much better now. It may still need a few tweaks, but this will probably be my entry into this years GenghisCon painting competition.